A random dog at the park that he had to give a hug!
Onward!
Honestly look how small the big-rig is compared to these rocks!!! So awesome!
We took a different way home - we actually took highway 50 "The Lonliest Highway in the Country". Well, yes it is. Ryan was driving through a very UNpopulated area (the whole highway!) and realized that the gas light came on. When I asked him how many miles we had left to get to the next town he said "42". Ahhhhhh! I was so angry, but more scared! I thought, "Well, maybe we should just call AAA now???" But, we didn't and we made it, although I was having an anxiety attack the whole 42 miles!!! When we filled up, the number of gallons we got read "11.089 gallons". I have a 12-gallon tank, so that means we literally had .11 gallons of gas left! I told Ryan I didn't know whether to kiss him or punch him! hahaha Anyway, we made it safely, but it was definitely not an experience I would like to repeat! We stayed in Nevada one more night and then drove home! I was so happy to be in California, but the drive from the border to Sacramento was almost the longest stretch! We had such a great trip and want to do it again in the next few years!
The whistling sand dunes.
Yay!!!

1 comment:
What an amazing trip and adventure the 3 of you must have had and to think of all the memories you have made! You were very blessed to be able to take this awesome trip and I so hope there will be many more for the "Family of 3" to take in the years to come! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful pictures and the captions that go with them with all of us....and Ryan it is okay to take that cap off now and then!! LOL Love, Nana
Post a Comment