Sunday, June 13, 2010

Our first trip almost across the whole country! (Part 1: Nevada, and SLC, Utah)

Ryan, RJ and I went on a roadtrip from Sacramento, CA all the way to southern Indiana (New Albany), for my cousin Kelly Lynn's wedding.  We then drove all the way back and stopped in different places along the way.  This is the story...
 
So, we left on a Tuesday around 7am and RJ and I slept until we were awoken in Nevada. We stopped in Wendover, Nevada and took some pictures and a well-needed potty break! RJ was not quit understanding the road trip thing, at this point, but he would get there eventually!

We then drove on to Salt Lake City, Utah. It was absolutely gorgeous and a very nice evening walking around and checking out the sites.

Outside of the The Saltair Pavilion, an attraction that was known as the "Coney Island of the West" in 1893.  It is now a concert venue. 
Downtown Salt Lake City
Wearing a crown - not intentional, I promise!
He loves his daddy!
I love the juxtaposition of these images - the mountains in between the new buildings - such a neat concept, I had to capture it!  cheese-meister!  :)
Good night!

2 comments:

Nikki Nichols said...

Isn't temple square beautiful! I am so glad you guys got to do that. Ryan and I want to take a trip out to NC with the kids and stop at a bunch of historic sites, but haven't gotten brave enough yet, or had 4 weeks that we want to do it either :)

Jessa said...

yea, it is a venture, that is for sure! we had such a blast, and eventually rj got used to it, but it took a while for him to understand that we would be in the car literally ALL day! :) yes, it was gorgeous! we were so lucky to stop there and see the sights! take care!